Avoid the parking and traffic hassles by biking to the Country Club Plaza on Thanksgiving evening for the annual Plaza lighting ceremony.
Three B-stations are within steps of the action
- Ward Parkway and Broadway, on the north side of the bridge between Williams-Sonoma and the InterContinental Hotel.
- Plaza Tennis Center, on the southeast corner of 47th & J.C. Nichols Parkway.
- Plaza Vista, at 48th & Roanoke adjacent to Hotel Sorella and Polsinelli.
Additional stations are within a longer walk from Westport or the Kauffman Memorial Gardens. Check the station map for details, and be sure to get the "B-cycle Now" mobile app to see locations and availability.
Plaza Lighting Ceremony
The festivities start at 5:00 p.m. The big switched gets flipped just before 7:00 p.m., followed by a free concert with Hembree. Get all the details about the 86th Annual Plaza Lighting Ceremony.
- Stations may be inaccessible at times due to large crowds.
- Stations may be offline sporadically if cell phone networks become saturated.
- Our hard-working fleet technicians will be enjoying a much-deserved holiday, so we will not be re-balancing stations on Thanksgiving. Check the map or mobile app to confirm station and dock availability before you go. Our answering service will still be available for emergencies at 816-945-9545.