BikeWalkKC is seeking a full-time Bike Share Fleet Technician to join the team operating our Kansas City BCycle program. The Fleet Technician will be responsible for the daily maintenance of all bikes and bike share stations. This will include working both in the field and in the shop at BikeWalkKC headquarters.
Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Reports to: Bike Share Program Manager
Located at: 3269 Gillham Road in Midtown Kansas City, MO with extensive daily field work and travel between bike share stations
By August 2017 the territory covered by this position will include 40 stations from 29th Avenue in North Kansas City to 75th Street in Waldo, and from State Line Road on the west to Highland Avenue on the east.
- 40 hours per week
- Evenings and weekends required
- Other days/times as needed
Kansas City BCycle is available to the public 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. The Fleet Technician is part of rotation that covers weekend and early evening shifts.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly safety check of every bike including regular preventative maintenance
- Cleaning stations and bikes
- Balancing and moving bikes between stations in the system
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems
- Make repairs in a timely manner
- Ensure kiosks are functioning properly and perform routine maintenance on the kiosks as needed
- Changing solar batteries
- Driving to station locations for bike pick up and balancing
- Answer customer questions via email and telephone, including resolving billing and account problems
- Maintaining a clean and organized shop
- Keep accurate records of bike and kiosk maintenance and repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience working on bicycles preferred
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to learn
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid time off
- Health insurance stipend
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Job ID #1707 in the subject line of your email message
This position was posted on July 7th, 2017 and is open until filled. We encourage interested candidates to apply promptly.
A background check is required upon job offer, but is not necessarily a barrier to hiring.
BikeWalkKC is the region’s professional advocacy and education organization. We are a growing team of passionate and hard-working advocates, educators, planners, and social entrepreneurs making Kansas City a better place to live, work, and play. Our culture is collaborative and supportive, encouraging risk-taking, excellence, and constant learning. You will work hard, have fun, and make an impact on the community.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment as well as research and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status